The DC High Dynamic Rangers Message Board › Post Processing meeups etc..

Post Processing meeups etc..

Tom Finzel
tfinzel
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hello!

Our first meetup is fast approaching and I wanted to cover a few things.

I think that composition, light, subject matter and technique are only half the equation when it comes to a great HDR image.

The other half (and most fun) is the post processing. And since this groups experience level ranges from no experience with HDR to very experienced I thought that for members to get the most out of this Meetup that I could offer some help with post processing.

I'm going to try and offer a post processing Meetup after every shoot. As of right now the only option is to have it at my house. And if anybody has any ideas for a venue that we could use that would accommodate more people I would be interested in hearing about it.

At the post processing Meetup I would demonstrate my work-flow and guide members through an image or two of their own. I would encourage you to bring a laptop if you have one. And WIFI will be available at my house.

And I would be willing to offer a limited number of one on one sessions if that works better for some of you.

I'm not an expert but I have about three years of HDR experience and I have used just about every HDR software package available and I'm quite proficient in Photoshop. And I've been shooting on and off since the early 80's.

(you can see some of my images here: http://www.flickr.com...­ )

At the Meetup this Saturday I will provide the details for the the post processing Meetup there for members that are interested.

I'm very open to suggestions for venues to shoot and I've setup this group to allow members to suggest Meetups to the group. So please make suggestions.

I have created a few polls. Please take a few moments and give me your opinions so I can tailor our Meetups for what you guys want.

­http://www.meetup.com...­

Thanks and I'm looking forward to getting this group going.

Tom
Organizer