The DC High Dynamic Rangers Message Board › HDR and B&W

HDR and B&W

Karen G.
user 12587724
College Park, MD
Post #: 4
Is anyone else interested in combining HDR with black-and-white techniques? I used to do a lot of darkroom work and miss the B&W techniques.
Tom F.
tfinzel
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 8
I've done a little HDR and B&W but I'm not a huge fan of it. Here is one of mine.

http://www.flickr.com...­

Tom
Karen G.
user 12587724
College Park, MD
Post #: 5
Wow, that metal looks so shiny! Now I definitely want to do some B&W.

I'd love to get some photos of aircraft without a crowd in front of it.
Karen G.
user 12587724
College Park, MD
Post #: 6
Forgot to ask, but how many exposures did you combine for this? I'm not having much success with multiple-exposure HDR for my images but Topaz is useful for single images.
Tom F.
tfinzel
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 11
I used 5 (-2-1 0 +1+2)exposures and did them handheld. Are you coming to the post processing meetup on Sept 25th? If so, bring some images and we can help. I'm also going to be arriving early so we can have a little shoot before the meetup.

Tom
Karen G.
user 12587724
College Park, MD
Post #: 9
I doubt if I'll make it. I'm out of town on the 10th, the entire weekend of the 17th, and in Baltimore all day on the 24th for the Baltimore Book Festival. I'm on one of the panels. I'll probably be wiped out by that Sunday, but if I can garner the energy I'll come out. I do want to get out for more meet-ups but I've just been overloaded with other stuff.