addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The DC High Dynamic Rangers Message Board › Nik HDR EFEX Pro2

Nik HDR EFEX Pro2

Mike
user 13603673
Gaithersburg, MD
Post #: 1
All,

I downloaded the upgrade two days ago and I have been extrmely impressed with how much better it works. The most noticeable difference is how it handles ghosting issues. It also offers a real nice initial screen where you can see the exposure values of bracketed shots and wheter you want alignment, ghosting, and/or aberation adjustments made before it creates the HDR image. The number of preset images to select from has been dramatically improved too. I also like the slider controls for tonal, strength, hue, highlights, etc on the right side of the screen.

I highly recomment this product and I plan to redo many of my previous HDR images using this new version, especially with bracketed images that were out of register because of subject or object movement. The cost or the upgrade is $49 for owners of the original version. I also noticed that the speed of the software might be slightly slower, but I assume it's because of all the additional preocessing it's doing.

Mike
Tom F.
tfinzel
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 37
Hello,

I agree with Mark this is definitely worth upgrading for. As Mark said it handles de-ghosting much better and they added a Chromatic Aberration (CA) removal tool as well. And they revamped all the presets and added more of them. There is now a history option once the images are merged and you can can back all the way to merge settings" and change the options there.

The discount code - stuckincustoms will give you a 15% discount on the upgrade or full version.
Tom F.
tfinzel
Group Organizer
Washington, DC
Post #: 38
continued:

Nik offers a lot of videos to get you up to speed on the new product.

http://www.niksoftwar...­

And here is an image I processed with Nik's HDR Efex Pro 2.

http://www.flickr.com...­

Tom