Performetry offers a diverse array of wordsmiths, in performance, from classical poetry like Walt Whitman and John Keats to contemporary DC poets like Carolyn Joyner, Mary Stone Hanley, Naomi Ayala, Abdul Ali, Michael Anthony Ingram, John McDonald, Jae October, Thom Workman & Matthew Miller, Gowri Koneswaran, Mahogney Hope Turner, Laneta Hill, DJ Wright, Anne Pelliciotto, Tanya Paperny, Stacie Marinelli, Sarita Bennett and others!
The poetic feasts includes, not only of words but also of food, from Michael Oliver’s homemade savory soups and breads & Elizabeth Bruce’s vegan delights. In 2014 Performetry will take place at a new time slot--from 6:00 to 8:00 PM--on the third Sunday of every month at BloomBars,[masked]th Street, NW, WDC. BloomBars is a family-friendly environment—All Ages Welcome. Upcoming Performetry Season:
• Sunday, January 19, 2014, from 6-8 PM--Featured Poet: NAOMI AYALA
• Sunday, February 16, 2014, from 6-8 PM--Featured Poet: JAE OCTOBER + Writers on the Green Line poets STACIE MARINELLI & SARITA BENNETT
• Sunday, March 16, 2014 from 6-8 PM--Featured Presenters: Percussionist MATTHEW MILLER & Griot THOM WORKMAN
• Sunday, April 20, 2014, from 6-8 PM--Featured Poet: GOWRI KONESWARAN
• Sunday, May 18, 2014, from 6-8 PM--Acting for Writers Final Presentation
• Sunday, June 15, 2014, from 6-8 PM--Featured Writer: ELIZABETH BRUCE
+ Expanded Open Mic
Performetry is a project of Sanctuary Theatre’s Performing Knowledge Project.
Support BloomBar's awesome community art space with your suggested donation of $10. All welcome & children free.
INFO: performingknowledge.org,[masked] or [masked]
Made possible by support from Poets & Writers & the DC Commission on the Arts & Humanities, an agency funded in part by the National Endowment for the Arts.