addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The North Texas Aquaponics Meetup Group Message Board › I need an aquaponics partner to share my fish with!

I need an aquaponics partner to share my fish with!

Girard B.
user 93343822
Denton, TX
Post #: 1
I will probably be losing my house soon and have to move into an apartment, where I am not sure if I will have room or be allowed to build an aquaponics system. My original 15 tilapia have been breeding since Feb, so I have about 250 fingerlings, 100 + fry, and more on the way.

I was hoping to to find someone who is ready to start building or expanding their aquaponics system and need some fish. We could work out some kind of arrangement to share the fish.

I would prefer to have someone close to Denton, as I would like to help setup and maintain the system and fish.
Please contact me if you would be interested,

Jerry S.
user 40459032
Rockwall, TX
Post #: 5
I am in Rockwall. Since my tank is filled with rain water I have high acid that I am needing to add something to get it more alkaline. I killed several goldfish waiting for my test kit to arrive. I used a 275 gallon IBC tote. Not yet ready for more fish, but hopefully soon.

Bob J.
user 18667641
Garland, TX
Post #: 67
I have a new greenhouse in which I'll use a DWC (raft) Aquaponics system.
If you split up your fish I'd be interested in about 10 pounds of fingerlings or larger sized fish.
If you sell your fish tank (IBC) I might be interested in buying it.
Also, might be able to help you with other things.
Bob Jordan Garland Texas
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 3
I just finished a DWC system build and am looking for fish. Currently the water is cycling to remove the chlorine. I would love to have some of your fish. My current tank is a 55 gallon barrel and I have two additional barrels that I could set up in a day or two to support more fish. I live in North FTW so Denton is not far.
A former member
Post #: 2
I just finishing my system and would like to add fish next week. I am in Coppell and would like to find some local fish to add.
Kathryn H.
Carrollton, TX
Post #: 15
Is Carrollton too far away? I am thinking about starting an aquaponics system in my backyard. I have been adding other permaculture features to my yard for about three years. 214-789-3359.
user 57401752
Frisco, TX
Post #: 1
Hi, I'm in Frisco. I've got a pond and am just getting started in aquaponics. I would really appreciate the opportunity of sharing in the fish. I've left you a voice mail with my number. I look forward to talking with you. Thanks so much!