addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Rob
livesngpoker
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 4
I just finished my garage Aquaponics system and am looking for Tilapia for the system. The tank is 55 gallons but I have two more that I could have set up in a day or two. If any one has a breeding pair I would like to purchase some offspring.

Call or Text 207-522-7306
John J.
user 101372682
Richardson, TX
Post #: 1
I have aprox 15-18 blue tilapia that need a new home in a well established system, hopefully
These are aprox 3" long and are in good shape. I have a dozen in a ibc and the rest in aquariums in the house.
I need to get rid of them as I am leaving out of town for a project and will not be able to take care of them.
I you are not interested please pass this along I am running out of time.
I am located aprox an hour north of dallas
Oh yeah Yes they are free.
John Jansen
jjcabmkr1@sbcglobal.net
Please excuse the post but I have no time to run more info down.
Adam
user 11075995
Santa Fe, NM
Post #: 62
Just an FYI -- Blue Tilapia are illegal to own in Texas without the appropriate Exotic Species permit from TPWD.
Pat C.
PatChesney
Waco, TX
Post #: 8
I just finished my garage Aquaponics system and am looking for Tilapia for the system. ...
I am an aquaponics consultant and I would like to give you a tiny bit of advice. Slow down a bit and get your water conditioned with bacteria before you load it up with fish. If not, you will loose some or all of your fish. It can often take a minimum of 2 weeks to get it balanced in this weather and more in cool weather. You might consider buying cheap goldfish to let them start the process. I have also bought bacteria starter from an aquarium supply to get it boosted. Usually, I seed the water with bacteria from an existing system to kick-start it. Be sure to get a test kit and watch the levels of ammonia, nitrite and nitrate. You want almost no ammonia and nitrite in the water and a small level of nitrate. (without plants, the nitrate may be elevated) Unfortunately, there has to be a source of ammonia in the water-hence the starter fish. Read up on the nitrogen cycle and if you decide to jump ahead, be prepared to loose fish. My goldfish are now over 2 years old and quite large and healthy. They are like army tanks. I never regret starting with them to get the cycle going. They do well with tilapia and my blue gill. Good luck.