The North Texas Aquaponics Meetup Group Message Board › A Hello and search for information and ideas

A Hello and search for information and ideas

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello Everybody. I have been researching aquaponics for a while and am really kind of excited to get this rolling. I was wondering if there is anyone in the Coppell area that would be willing let me pick their brains and maybe see a working system? I am also looking to find an inexpensive source for materials. I want to make sure I can do it before I dump a ton of money into it.
Thanks for any help ya'll can give.
Deryk
user 4027751
Dallas, TX
Post #: 48
Rick - There is a link in one of the stickies for a good ebook with tons of pics for ideas.

http://www.backyardaq...­

Start there and find something you think will fit you then go for it. There are a few resources around here for barrels and IBCs. Post up when you are ready.

d
Rob
livesngpoker
Fort Worth, TX
Post #: 6
I know a guy in Euless that has 55 gallon barrels for 18ea. Food grade and only held liquor. with some 2x4 and a few aquarium parts and some basic pluming you could do two 2x3 flood/drain beds in about a day.