The Denton Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Some sad news

Some sad news

Ken H.
WiseFTOne
Decatur, TX
Post #: 70
For those of you who know my dear and close Decatur Atheist friend Nolan Waren I have some sad tidings to pass along.

Thursday as Nolan was driving him home from DFW, Nolan's 77-Y-O dad, who had a history if heart troubles, was riding in Nolan's truck on the way to his dad's home in Boyd. Nolan told me he noticed that his dad was experiencing some breathing problems and was glancing at him at every opportunity. Then, according to Nolan, his head dropped to his chest. A police car was sitting on the side of the road I think, as Nolan told me he slid in beside the car and told the officer what was happening.

The officer called for the EMTs and started working on his dad. Then the MICU rolled in and the crew took over. Nolan told me Friday when he called to cancel our anticipated normal Saturday AM breakfast that he could tell from the expressions of the EMT crew that it "wasn't going well" and his dad passed away. I'm sure they took over the transport, leaving Nolan alone to drive on. I wouldn't like to drive under those circumstances.

The viewing is at the only funeral home in Boyd from 1500 to 1700 Sunday. Jesse and I are going and my missus Dee is going as well. It's too bad she had to meet Nolan under such circumstances, but hopefully some good will come from that meeting as she has never met my best friend in this town. If any of you guys want to express sympathy via Email, let me know through this site and I give it to you; I'm sure he'd appreciate your condolences.

I'm sure we'll see the group again next Sunday.