Terms of Membership
There are very few rules for this group, but there are some none the less. I will be updating these rules from time to time and suggest all members return to this page every 3 to 6 months to review for updates.
1. No-shows to an event are not allowed and those who violate this policy will be penalized. Let me first define a no-show; anyone who RSVP/yes for an event and at the time of the event, or at the stated deadline, does not attend the event is a no-show.
For those venues that have a wait list, members with the fewest no shows will be selected ahead of others regardless of the order of the RSVP is submitted. Past behavior is a likely indicator of future behavior, so those with the fewest "no-shows" will be admitted to the event first.
For those venues that require a commitment or are very popular with a past wait list, the Host may place a fee for an "organization deposit"(deposit). This fee will vary in amount and will be refundable in full ONLY
if the member attends the event and signs the check in log. There are no exceptions. If the member does not show for the event and sign the log, the deposit will be forfeited.
Finally, at the start of each year or beginning with membership, every member will have a total of 2 grace cards for no-shows. After 2 times of RSVP/yes and the member does not show up the event, the third time it occurs, that member will be removed from the group at the discretion of the organizer, and will not eligible to participate (even as a guest) in any event until the following year.
Once removed, if the removed member wants to participate in an event, they can buy their way back into the group during the same year by paying a $5 re-join fee for that year. The fee will provide 1 additional grace card for the remainder of the year.
Any money collected as a result of members no show will be used to offset the cost of organizing the venue. All RSVPs can be changed right up to the deadline provide by the host of the event, and members must change their own RSVP.
The RSVP is very important for the Host's planning of the event. Each member has one RSVP and if you plan to take a spouse or guest, you must add the additional head count in the guest box immediately below the RSVP/yes to reflect that additional people are attending. Unless otherwise indicated, all members can invite up to 2 guests to any event. So, if anyone is unaware as to how to use or change the RSVP, please contact the organizers. We cannot make a RSVP change for you, so contact us in advance and we will instruct you as to how to change your election.
2. All content for emails to the entire group must be approved by the organizers of the Denver 50 and Better Social Group. Any email sent to the entire group without content approval will result in immediate and permanent membership removal from the group.
3. Solicitation of members is not allowed. The Denver 50 and Better Social Group will allow for controlled sponsorships of events based on the relevance of the product or service to the Groups demographics and/or event. All such sponsorships will be approved by the Organizer and will be a paid sponsorship. Members are encouraged to submit any complaints about solicitations directly to the Organizer. Any member found to be using the group for purpose of gain will result in immediate and permanent membership removal from the group.
4. Members join this group because they want to meet others that they may share a common interests. However, this is not a dating group or a Political group. Open discussion of political views or political postings, or postings of self promotion, is cause for removal from the group. If certain members are of the same political persuasion and want to have a discussion about their party, they should do so outside any event organized by this group. Political only events are not allowed in this group and will result in immediate and permanent membership removal from the group.
5. All members have a right to privacy in this group and any use of the membership roster to violate this privacy will result in immediate and permanent membership removal. Privacy violations include but not limited to unsolicited emails sent that is intended to harass or stalk other members. Any member who believes their privacy is being violated is encouraged to inform the Organizer and forward any and all emails to the same.
6. This is a social group with the intent of people meeting others at activities that may be of similar interests. Each member is responsible for providing a current photo of him/her at the time of joining the group. Photos are used by the Hosts to recognize and identify members attending activities. If a member does not provide a current photo, he/she will be removed from the group and provided an email re-stating this policy. Re entry will be allowed if a current photo is provided.