addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Darcy
user 2970943
Oakland, CA
I wanted to give everyone a heads up at least a week in advance, that we will have another opportunity to meet up this month. It’s holiday time, and I for one feel the need for some extra support. I also want to acknowledge the desire of so many on the list to have some delicious raw food at our meetup. This will give people who can’t make the Saturday meetup a chance to get together with us, as well as offer something more to the ones who can meet on Saturday.

In the last few weeks I’ve sampled some of the most amazing raw food dishes I’ve ever had. They have far surpassed my own many forays into raw food preparation, and the man who makes them is willing to have the meetup where he prepares it. I know at least a couple of you know him, he’s Reggie, and he prepares dishes out of Reggie’s Raw food to go in Emeryville. He plans to come by our first meetup to meet you and bring a menu and other info.

Since he has people drop by on Monday nights, I’ve scheduled our meetup for next Monday evening, 12/15. It can start as early as 5:30 p.m. or maybe as late as 7:30 p.m., to be decided by us and run by Reggie. So think about it. It will be $15 for a full plate. The cost for the meetup is monthly, so the entire $15 will go towards the meal.

For those of us who are starting out, and others who could use more support to keep on this path, I really do believe that broadening our perspective on what’s possible with raw foods and having such great community is a real blessing.

I hope this isn’t giving you too short of a notice, but I do think this is a great way to kick off our meetup and the holiday season.

Oh a note about the 12/13 meetup at Au Cocolet- I found out that they will accommodate us. Although they offered to make a veggie platter- (cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, celery) for $55, I said no thanks. It was another incentive to meet at Reggie’s. However, there is a fairly decent looking salad on the menu with romaine and other veggies.