|Sent on:||Monday, September 12, 2011 4:33 PM|
Our sponsor, Briksha, who makes fabulous raw Indian food is going to be giving a couple of classes this month. Also, save the date of October 29th, a Saturday during the day for an afternoon meal out on Raleigh's patio- another event not to be missed (and not posted yet- but will soon!)
Now here's his class. If anyone from the meetup attends, do let him know as the meetup gets 10% of the proceeds of whoever from our meetup attends:
Raw Vegan Cuisine Preparation two part Series
With YogiChef Briksha
These two classes will help you to begin and maintain a raw vegan lifestyle. Along with the food prep class you will get some practical tips to stay on the path by bringing more healthy and tasty cuisine into your Kitchen.
Where: in San Rafael
Santa Venetia, just minutes from 101 near Marin civic center
in San Rafael, ca (address will be given after registration)
When: Wednesday, 9/21 and Saturday 9/24,
Cost: $41 for part I, $52.00 for part II
Students will receive ingredients packet, recipe demo, a handout with practical guidelines and tastes of various recipes.
Pre-registration is required.
To register or with questions contact Briksha at [address removed],[masked] or go to his meet up
Date: Wednesday, September 21st, from 5.30 pm to 8 pm.
1. Green Smoothie
a. Celery Cream
b. Green Delight!
c. Briksha`s favorite greenish red smoothie
2. Green Juice-great for rejuvenation and cleansing
3. Dairy free milk -Hemp milk and brazilnut or almond
4. Granolas- Nut-free, grain free, can be used as dessert without dehydration
5. Rainbow Fruit salad with Chia pudding (optional)
6. Basic Dressing – Tahini or Hemp-coconut (create varieties from it, like curry-dressing etc)
7. Intro to Wellness and Green cuisine-
Soaking and Sprouting Principle- Rainbow salad.
8. Wellness Drink: Yogi Soup- For flexibility, energy and Calcium
Saturday, September 24th, from 10.30 am-1.30pm.
1.Yogi Drink –Immune Builder for Cold and General Wellness
2. Green Pate -Simple Pate- (Eat more green) how to convert it into veggie ball or bread
3. Briksha`s testy Indian green bread
4. Veggie burger and veggie ball with
5. Plum/mango chutney-how to use it as dressing (nut free, oil free)
6. Dairy free Yogurt and cheese
7. Dessert – Chocolate pie