East Bay Raw Food Meetup Group Message Board The Oakland Raw Food Meetup Group Discussion Forum › News About Cafe Gratitude

News About Cafe Gratitude

Darcy
user 2970943
Oakland, CA
Yes, it is true. Cafe Gratitude will be shutting down all the Northern California locations. Read a letter from Terces about it [/url]here

The restaurants might be sold individually. It is likely some will be sold and thus remain open, but likely others will close very quickly (in the next couple of weeks). I will still be teaching till that happens. (I have a holiday cooking class this Saturday in SF and a fermentation class next Thursday in Oakland.)

Obviously this is completely devastating in so many ways. I myself survived the Firestorm of 1991. I know what it is like to watch your neighborhood burn. My favorite neighbor's house is burning right now. It feels really, really hot and I am sick to my stomach.

However, soon there will be fertile ashes, and we can make use of this hummus to grow something vitality important for ourselves and those around us. For me personally, Cafe Gratitude lit a fire in my heart, it is a flame that cannot be extinguished even if the lighter fluid burns away. That flame of inspiration will continue to burn bright and give light to others.

I would like to just absorb and contemplate this news. Perhaps we can come together at our next Meetups to think about ways we might keep our raw community in the Bay Area growing without the physical presence of Cafe Gratitude. I have some ideas, but first I must connect with my intuitions and emotions, and see how the sales of the businesses go over the next couple of weeks.
The yogis believe that everything exists - everything exists in one form or another. Cafe Gratitude is now morphing into its next incarnation. It is impossible to not mourn. For me, it is too soon for CG to metamorphasize. Way, way too soon. But it will continue to exist in my heart and in my memories, and for that I am ETERNALLY GRATEFUL.

love love love,
heather