East Bay Raw Food Meetup Group Message Board The Oakland Raw Food Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Important changes to your meetup

Important changes to your meetup

Darcy
user 2970943
Oakland, CA
Hi Everyone:

Those of you who asked not to get direct e-mails from me- I am making an exception in this case-

I’m writing this e-mail to let everyone know that the upcoming meetup we’re having on June 8th on Saturday will be my last as your organizer. I also hasten to add that I would not be doing this had I not found someone who is up to the challenge of organizing this meetup and is as excited and as passionate as I have been for the last 4 years in running it. I assure you that you are in good hands and I will be there to support her whenever she needs it.

Many of you already know her. It’s Stacy Waters. She now organizes a smaller meetup group called the RawFood Kingdom, and she has recently given a presentation for our group that people loved. Click HERE­ to see more about that. It was a meetup that offered something that we usually don't have- several unique and well-researched ways to help us stay raw more of the time. It got rave reviews and 5 stars. She’s a health coach and I know she will be a wise leader. She has a website called rawfoodfortherestofus.com (click HERE­) and a facebook page you can find at facebook.com/rawfoodfortherestofus (click HERE­)

Although I like to think of myself as good at words, it’s a challenge to put in words how much this community has meant to me for the past 4 years. It’s been a real joy to be able to help grow the meetup to where it is now- and have so many who keep coming back. And I love the fact that new people instantly find a home here. I will not be departing the meetup but will be handing over my role. But I will miss it for sure.

So this potluck is going to be special. I encourage everyone to come who is able to make it to meet Stacy and hear her vision for the future and so she can hear what you want in the future for our meetup. But above all, just come to celebrate our great community. We will have food and a little discussion about it. Our co-sponsor Heather Haxo Phillips will also be there! And we’re hoping that Raw Daddy joins us too!
Let’s party and have fun as always!

Darcy

We are still taking almond orders so respond to this e-mail if you want to order unpasteurized organic almonds at $5 a pound and can come to the meetup to pick them up. I'll let you know where you can send a check so we can place an order.

RSVP HERE­ for the meetup

For more details:

Pot luck guidelines: Bring enough for about 10 people. Also, bring a copy of your recipe, one so that members can see what’s in the dish and can look for foods they are allergic to.

If you would like a recipe or some suggestions please e-mail me! (dcrosman@sbcglobal.net). if you opt to bring fruit instead of a dish, in fairness to others bring enough for 10 members and or at least $10.00 worth of fruit. If for some reason you'd rather not bring a dish, dinner will be $10.00. (Also: Each person may have one guest that is exempt from bringing a dish). Please make sure all dishes are organic raw vegan, meaning no animal products (except honey) no dairy, gluten, or refined sugar.

The meetup will have bowls, small plates, and cups, but it would be helpful if you bring your own utensils.

The venue fee is $5 venue but for those who have purchased meetup memberships for $25  this fee waived* (see Details below).

Almonds. We will also have almonds again this meetup. The almonds are $5 a pound and priority will be given to the people who come to the event to pick them up.  Dita has been purchasing them for us and is going to bring them to the meetup.  If you'd like to order almonds, e-mail me dcrosman@sbcglobal.net and I'll tell you where to send a check.

About meetup memberships:

*About Meetup Memberships
If you would like to purchase a membership, fr $25 you will be able to waive these venue fees (ranging from $5-10 per meetup) for an entire year. E-mail me if you'd like to purchase a membership- dcrosman@sbcglobal.net.  As a thank you gift you will receive a Hippocrates laminated folder on some aspect of the raw food lifestyle worth $8.95. People find them very useful. I have ordered more of them and now have ones on food combining, superfoods, rawfood pantry, detoxification or cleansing, dehydration, juicing, raw food lifestyle, wheatgrass juice and green drinks.
Here’s a link to see what you will be getting and to make your choice on which one you might want. Access the charts HERE­

email me dcrosman@sbcglobal.net if you're interested in purchasing a meetup membership.