The Carrot Cafe (located at[masked] Ave) is an amazing non-profit community cafe that helps promote Art on the Ave and the revitalization of 118Ave. I am super excited to announce that The Carrot Cafe has generously offered to feature our photographs in their display window for the month of October, 2013! The theme of the display is "Splendor of 118 Ave".
Please read the Contest Rules Carefully:
1) All photos must be in Black & White, cropped to an 8x10 dimension.
2) Max 2 entries per PAID member
3) photos are taken within the months of June - Aug 2013
4) Photos must be taken along 118 Ave, between 97st-82st.
5) Please ensure that your original file has a resolution of 300dpi so that it can be enlarged to an 8x10 print.
6) Post your photo to this album: http://www.meetup.com/The-Edmonton-Shutter-Bugs/photos/15531462/
Contest closes Aug. 31, then all members will vote for their favorite photos to narrow the entries down to the top 25. Then, a panel of judges from the Carrot Cafe will choose from this list of 25, their favorite 8 photos. These 8 photos will be hung in their display window for the month of October, whereby patrons of the Carrot Cafe will vote for their favorite photo. The photo with the most patron votes by the end of October will be declared the WINNER and win a gift certificate courtesy of the ShutterBugs!
We will host at least 1 meetup on 118Ave, but we encourage our members to visit the Ave on their own or with friends or other shutterbugs to get as many perspectives of the Avenue as possible! The Carrot wants us to showcase everything that is unique and wonderful about 118Ave: the people, the culture, the archetecture, the many public events that are held there.
Please note: This contest is in support of 118Ave, so make sure to portray it in a positive light. The Organziers reserve the right to remove any photos we feel are not appropriate for this theme.