April 5, 2014 · 1:30 PM
As digital photographers, our fun doesn’t end once we click the shutter. Thanks to tools like Photoshop, we can tweak, correct, enhance, and go further with our photos. This will be a 3 hour “hands on” workshop using Adobe Photoshop (CS5). The workshop will be a mix of ideas, demonstrations and “hands on” activities. If you have a laptop with Photoshop, you are welcome to follow along, or simply observe and take some notes.
Topics we will cover:
• Thinking “outside the camera” with your photos
• The advantage of shooting in RAW
• Opening/adjusting RAW files
• Working with layers
• Using layers to build a new image (with examples)
• Adjusting levels, hue/saturation, colour balance
• Unsharp masking and HDR filters
• Must have a good working knowledge of Photoshop (CS3 or higher)
• Have their own program (CS3 or higher) loaded on their laptop
• Please ensure that your computer is fully charged as power supply is limited, however, bring your charger and extension cord
• Please bring a mouse as the touch pad is not conducive to Photoshop
• Prior to the workshop participants will be emailed a link where they can download files so they can follow the presentations.
If you want to participate as an observer you can but please indicate that when you sign up.