align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

The Edmonton Shutter-Bugs - A Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Meetups during the Weekdays

Meetups during the Weekdays

Kaye
user 13271759
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 15
Hi everyone,

Since I'm a stay at home mom and always seemed to be too busy to make it to the meetups held on the weekends, I'd like to start some meetups during the weekday. Please let me know if this would be of interest to you, and if so, what days/ times would work for you.

I am always open for suggestions as well! It will fun to get together and just learn photography :)
Kristina
user 6041356
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 443
Its a great idea, Kaya! I would prefer mornings as my daughter will be in kindergarten and my son will be with me..Right now we can do any days except Wednesday and Thursday mornings...Afternoons are a little bit hard on us as i will have to have both kids with me...But i am pretty much open to try!
Kaye
user 13271759
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 16
Thanks Kristina! Right now I am pretty much free from 9:00am to 3:00pm (after dropping off kids and before picking them up again) so we can definately do something in the mornings. I am aware that many stay at home parents will have their little ones with them, so we should think of what we can do to incorporate the kids with the photography outing. If it was warmer we can go to the parks but with winter looming, we may have to be more creative.... any ideas?
Tara
user 10273211
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 6
I am home with 2 little ones too! I would love to get out between 9 and 3 as well. After that my oldest 2 are home and then I have 4!
Gerry Y.
user 29859092
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 24
Sounds good, I work one week on and one off...can meet up anytime on the week off...looking to do more photos in the Edmonton area.

Gerry
Laurice B.
user 13320435
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 52
Hi Gerry, would you be interested in meeting a few folks during the week for a coffee and talking about you trip
Gerry Y.
user 29859092
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 25
Yes Laurice, I would like to meet you and others and talk photography (mine and others). I am flying to Thailand for my 3rd trip in about 7 months this weekend. I will be gone for about 5 weeks or so making photos of people in Northern Thailand and Laos. When I get back and and back into my routine we can have a meet up if you would like. Lets try for April/May. This next trip will be my last for quite a while so will have plenty of time to meet all you good folks!

If your interested I have a show opening on April 19th at the VAAA your all invited to the opening so we can meet there also.

http://gerryyaum.blog...­

Gerry
A former member
Post #: 5
Hi! I may be able to attend during the week, but won't know for sure until I start my new job...
However, I would also be interested in seeing Gerry's pictures from Thailand/Laos.
cool
Laurice B.
user 13320435
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 58
I will post a meetup but should we go for the opening night or should be go later?
Curtis S.
user 23288261
Beaumont, AB
Post #: 10
Opening night