The Edmonton Shutter-Bugs - A Photography Meetup Group Message Board › Lighting Introduction

Lighting Introduction

Laurice B.
user 13320435
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 45
Hey Rick, Cannon vs Nikon or other brands, well they are all good cameras. The deciding factor for me was convenience. Yes, convenience. My computer at the time only had a slot for the SD cards and the Cannon models I was looking at had the larger card format. I did not want to hook up the camera every time I wanted to download so Nikon won out! Cazy eh!!
Grant
user 10941892
Spruce Grove, AB
Post #: 4
I look forward to getting into this workshop as off camera lighting is something I am getting more interested in. I use a Pentax K5 with a 540 flash. I am looking at investing in a few other knockoffs and a trigger device when time permits. See u all there.
Curtis S.
user 23288261
Beaumont, AB
Post #: 9
Melvin, I got mine from Henry's out of toronto and was here in 2 days... They were on special for $150 you got the 8' stand, umbrella adapter, and the soft box (this mounts like a umbrella, hence the umbrella adapter).

Melvin T.
user 20110561
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 15
Melvin, I got mine from Henry's out of toronto and was here in 2 days... They were on special for $150 you got the 8' stand, umbrella adapter, and the soft box (this mounts like a umbrella, hence the umbrella adapter).

Thank you Curtis. Looks like that setup is $150 regular price now at Henry's, which is still $50 cheaper than Vistek. I will pick one up for our meetups.
Stella
user 72676102
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 3
Would it be at all possible for this to be organized/offered in 2013?
Geoff S.
Sticks
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 11
This is exactly what I have been looking for. Online tutorials only go so far. I have a couple of speedlites, Cactus triggers, a couple of umbrellas (reflective and shoot through), some light stands, 5 in one reflector, and an in the throws of ordering a softbox. I would love to get together with a group to learn this aspect of photography. I work at Global TV and could offer up one of our large studios but I could probably only be allowed to have a maximum of maybe eight people (security reasons) and would need a week or more advance notice.
Laurice B.
user 13320435
Group Organizer
Edmonton, AB
Post #: 86
Hey Geoff, we talked about this late last year, email me a couple of dates that this area would be available and we well put it together.
Christine S.
user 51758422
St. Albert, AB
Post #: 1
I would be interested in attending the Lighting 101 workshop. I have a Nikon D300 and a SB600 flash. I have only used the flash a couple of times as I am never sure when or what settings to use.

Chris