Dec 11, 2010 · 7:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
Are you ready for Christmas? Me neither! But it's never too early to start planning our annual celebration of Christmas, Chanukah, Kwanzaa, Festivus, Rohatsu, Ramadan, Yule and all the other politically correct celebrations I have forgotten.
Our party last year, if I do say so myself, was Epic. Can we top it this year? We'll just have to find out. If you missed the festivities last year, here are some of the exciting things you can look forward to!
- The second annual white elephant gift exchange (I may just bring that stupid candle I STILL have)
- Board Games, Card Games and Games yet unimagined!
- Actual conversation, with REAL LIVE PEOPLE
- The ever popular airing of grievances! (note: after last year all grievances must be less than 1 page long)
- The thrilling exhibition of the FEATS OF STRENGTH!
- The traditional aluminum pole. No tinsel please.
- Cookies, adult beverages, food galore!
- Live music (potentially!)
- Free copies of my ever popular christmas mix cd (it's quirky...)
I am, as of yet, undecided on the location. Currently I'm leaning towards Eugene City Brewery. They have a private room downstairs, which would net us our own server and bartender. And, no one gets left with a messy house to clean up the next day. On the downside, this would mean that all food and drinks would have to be bought, rather than a fun potluck. The backup plan is my house, but it gets a bit tight and my dogs are high strung. But we've got time to figure that out. If you like the idea of Eugene City Brewery, or another place, let me know your thoughts.
As of last year, I'm not going to put an official price limit on the gift exchange. I trust you all to be reasonable.