Announcing a new Meetup for The Foxboro Grind & Grub Group!What
: Weeknight "Stroll" -- 15 mile rideWhen
: Tuesday, July 27,[masked]:30 PMWhere
: Waxy O'Connors Irish Pub & Restaurant
121 Main Street Chestnut Green
Foxborough, MA 02035
Switching it up a bit -- taking our usual weekend ride and scheduling it for a weeknight. I figure summer weekends are hard to attend with lots of travel going on and with the weather getting 'hot hot hot' maybe an evening ride is in order.
So let's see who shows up!
This is a new route for me - about 15 miles - that winds through Foxboro and Plainville. Because there's ample parking here, we'll start near the Walgreens/Waxy O'Connors parking lot (new shopping center on 140 across from Dairy Queen). Look for the bikes - we'll be in the side parking lot closest to the cleaners/gift store/Waxy's Tanorama stores.
MapMyRide.com is having a technical glitch -- so I'm not sure the map is going to come up correctly but if you're interested in the route, click here
Or if you want to try mapping it for yourself:
- Head south on 140 onto South Street for 2.3 miles to crossroads (West Street and N. Grove Street)
- Left for 0.6 mile to end (Rte 106). There's a steep hill at the beginning.
- Right for 0.1 mile to S. Grove Street on left immediately after the bridge over I-495.
- Straight for 2.5 miles to Route 152 at traffic light.
- Straight for 0.4 mile to crossroads (George Street)
- Right for 0.5 mile to Route 1, at stop sign.
- Right for 0.4 mile to Shepard Street, which bears right. You'll pass Turnpike Lake on your right.
- Bear right for 0.4 mile to end (Route 152)
- Left for 0.4 mile to Mirimichi Street for right.
- Right for 2.3 miles to end at traffic island. The main road bears right after 0.4 mile and crosses Lake Mirimichi.
- Left for 0.3 mile to Mill Street on right (sign says TO STATE FOREST).
- Right for 1.3 miles to fork (Prospect Street, unmarked, bears left).
- Bear left for 0.8 mile to end (Granite Street, unmarked).
- Right for 0.9 mile to end (Route 140). You'll pass Sunset Lake on your left.
- Turn right on Route 140.
RSVP to this Meetup:http://www.meetup.com/The-Foxboro-Cycling-Group/calendar/14186117/