|Sent on:||Wednesday, April 25, 2012 10:45 AM|
1) If this is your first ride of the Season, check your tires. It is normal for tires to lose air. Inflate tires, a couple of days before the ride. Check them a day or two, before the ride. If they went flat, you probably have a flat tire, that needs to be addressed, before the Ride.
2) Everyone should carry at least one spare tube, on rides. I carry two. An alternative, is to carry the phone # , of the local cab company. Otherwise, as my friend Dan would say, " You go for a Hike, with your Bike." I carry tire inflaters & others have pumps. Note: There are different size tubes. The size can be found on the side of your tire.
3) A day or two before the ride, take your bike for a ride, to make sure it is in riding shape. I am not a Bike Mechanic. I can change a flat tire & do minor adjustments, but it is your responsibility, to make sure your bike is in riding shape, for a Ride.
4) When you arrive, please ride your Bike around, to make sure it is in riding shape. Sometimes, during transportation, things can get knocked out of place. This can happens, when you have to take a wheel off, to transport your bike to a ride. I have seen this happen last year & it happened on our first ride. We were heading to the path & someone had a problem. This disrupts the start of the ride & needs to stop !!! If you need a minor adjustment, someone should be able to help you. Please ask, before the start of the Ride
5) Please check your tire pressure, before the ride. I usually have a tire pump. Under inflated tires, are more susceptible to getting flats. They also are harder to petal. I fine Quite a few newer riders, with under inflated tires.