Our regular 'Reiki Development Circle' offers participants the opportunity to receive original Reiki teachings, give and receive group Reiki. Everyone welcome regardless of experience.
Usui Reiki Ryoho is the original Japanese branch of Reiki that focuses on the spiritual teachings of Usui and offers training in a non Western format. Usui Reiki Ryoho translates as Usui Spiritual Energy Healing Method and the Usui Reiki Ryoho lineage aims to reflect the practices that were taught by Usui Mikao during his lifetime.
Today there are probably over 1000 different branches of Reiki and most of these branches have evolved within the last 20 years in the West. Students of these systems have altered their teachings to accommodate their other beliefs and practices, many of which belong to the New Age Movement such as the chakra system.
The difference between the Usui Reiki Ryoho and Western Usui Shiki Ryoho courses we teach is that the initiation process, course information and techniques originated directly from Japan rather than via the West. The teachings also have a different focus than Western forms; the focus is on personal development and spirituality.
Traditionally, there are 3 levels of study, Shoden, Okuden and Shinpiden, within the system of Reiki and they are all independent of each other.
Shoden is a Japanese word meaning ‘first teachings’ and is equivalent to Level I in Western Usui Shiki Reiki. It focuses mainly on self-treatment but also treatment of friends and family. Okuden is a Japanese word meaning ‘inner teachings’. A deeper understanding and connection to Usui Mikao’s teachings is achieved during this course. It is suitable for those who would like to develop a deeper understanding of the power of Reiki within their lives and treat others. Shinpiden is the Japanese word for ‘mystery teachings’ and is aimed at those who wish to continue their personal journey, a journey that is on going.
An important part of our 'Reiki Development Circle' is our Reiki Share. Also known as a Reiki Circle this is an opportunity for Reiki practitioners to join like-minded individuals and participate in giving and receiving Reiki within an atmosphere of unconditional love, friendship and respect, regardless of the level of training reached or lineage of each participant.
In Japan this is known as Shuchu Reiki, 'shuchu' meaning 'concentrated', 'rei' meaning 'spiritual' and 'ki' meaning 'energy'. In Japanese or Eastern Reiki the technique of several practitioners working on one person is popular and was a technique originally taught by Usui.
Our 'Reiki Development Circle' will include:
• A warm welcome
• The essence and 5 elements of the system of Reiki
• The history of Usui Mikao’s teaching
• How to use hand positions to give and receive a full Reiki treatment
• How to connect to your original energy (called hara in Japanese)
• How to connect to plants, food, animals, crystals etc… using Reiki
• Initiation into the system of Reiki with four Japanese attunements
• Manual with excerpts from original Japanese manuals
• The teaching of 3 jumon (mantras) and 3 shirushi (symbols) plus their meanings, usage and spiritual description
• Original Japanese techniques
• Schuchu Reiki or group Reiki.
• Group Distant Healing Session
During the group Reiki session one participant lays on our comfortable treatment couch while the other participating Reiki practitioners gather round and lay their hands upon them, facilitating a huge flow of Reiki. Group Reiki sessions are often stronger and penetrate more deeply than one to one sessions. They can be profound, amazing experiences, why not join us and find out for yourself?
What are the benefits and why should you attend?
• You will receive original Reiki teachings
• You will expand your experience and increase your confidence in treating others
• You will develop your intuition
• You will strengthen your connection to the source
• You will improve and strengthen your ability to ground, protect, cleanse and scan
Includes refreshments and manual
£5 is payable upon arrival.
Due to the maximum number of spaces available and the number of members where possible we offer both an evening and a daytime Meetup. Members are encouraged to sign up for one or the other as soon as possible to allow everyone the opportunity to attend.
Join Joanne for our 'Reiki Development Circle'.