March 31 · 11:00 AM
This location is shown only to members
Time to relive elementary school recess by hurling projectiles at each other! I'll bring the Easter themed playground balls and court lines. You bring your A-game!
Anyone can play from beginners to World Champions. We will explain the rules, it’s safe (no head shots), and you’ll have so much fun that you won’t even realize you are getting an awesome workout! Bring your friends… and your frienemies too… because, you know, it’s dodgeball!
This will also be a potluck so say what you're bringing in your RSVP. JDMorgan Park has grills available if you need. We have plenty of people bringing drinks so ideas for tasty noms to bring: finger foods (meatballs/chicken fingers/nuggets), salads, pasta, fruit bowl, healthy snacks, sandwiches.
Quotes from the prequels ...
- Awesome fun, thanks for organizing! It hurts to walk up and down stairs, but I'm sure all that will be forgotten come Dodgeball Part Tres :)
- It is a great source of exercise which keeps you wanting one more game. This time we had about 6 games in a row when Pete called for last game.
- right shoulder stiff legs chafed. walking like cowboy. would do it all again tomorrow if there was an opportunity :)
- That was awesome. 5 hours of dodgeball fun with a lot of food breaks. A lot. :)
- Did we really just play five hours of Dodgeball?
*** Note *** RSVPs close 2 days before the event. If you're going to RSVP yes and then drop 30 minutes before the event, that's just inconsiderate. The organizers volunteer our time and effort putting on fun events and it's tough to plan properly around mass flakiness. People that habitually flake from my events will be auto-dropped in advance (yes, I keep track).
People are bringing:
- Pete - balls, lines, cones, folding table, whatever else is missing
- Hank - cups, plates, napkins, utensils
- David W - fruit
- Julian - water
- KittyJane - water, drinks, maybe chicken
- Deb M - veggies
- CrunchyCookie - liquid?
- Ted R - donuts?
- Adam H - something salad-y and maybe desert-y
- Jeff - drinks
- Eric W - some sodas and hotdogs
- Julie - something salad-y, like taco salad
- Harp B - some cooked indian item, maybe tofu w/raisins & peas
- Vishnu - something vegetarian
- Ting - chinese way cooked shrimp and veggies
- Helen - fluid (not soda) and sandwiches
- John - soda
- Mark LeM - chicken lettuce wraps
- Molly - pasta salad
- Lindsay - most likely snacks
- Eli - Vegetable Platter
- ML - cheese platter
- Tom - beef jerkey, dried mango, and peanut butter cheese tart
- Mark N - Chex Mix
- Nick - PB&honey sandwiches
- Bryan - Chips & Homemade Salsa
- Tom - Drinks and cups
- Benny - I will attempt to make California rolls
- Matt - Hot Dog condiments (Mustard, ketchup, shredded cheese), water. Juice?
- Sukant - Bananas/some other fruits
- Michelle - Curry Vegetable
- Anuj - Fruits / salad / vegetables?
- Gina - I'll bring healthy Trader Joe snacks, plus some (unhealthy) homemade Cadbury Creme eggs.
Here is an awesome map to assist in finding the group in the park: