The Getting to Know Central PA Group Message Board › Meetup Planning Policy Update - please read!

Meetup Planning Policy Update - please read!

Erica
user 20587141
Group Organizer
Mechanicsburg, PA
Hello everyone,

Sorry for what seems like a plethora of meetup emails today!  I need to amend the existing Meetup Planning Policy that we have listed on the discussion page.

There are two ways to tell me about an idea for a meetup - one is messaging me directly and the other is to suggest the Meetup yourself on the website.  I have members who are doing both and I love the participation!  However, I think there has been some confusion on who will be hosting events when they are suggested by members other than me through the Meetup website.  So I want to make a distinction between the two ways I stated above and lay down some ground rules.

If you have an event that you want to fully organize, then you are welcome to suggest it as a meetup on the website.  As long as it complies with the previously stated policy (not inappropriate, not conflicting with current events) then I will happily announce it.  However, if you do this, it is your event, not mine.  While I will attend if I can, I will not be in charge.  You can also not charge the $1.00 fee for an event that you organize as Meetup is free to members and only the Organizer is charged for dues.  If you suggest a meetup event this way, I will assume that you are in charge - so please don't suggest it unless you are willing to be the organizer.  Also, if you organize an event and I get complaints afterwards from members who attended, then it will force me to limit your ability to organize events with this group after a certain number of complaints. (whew!  ok finally done with this part!)

If you simply want to bring an event to my attention and don't wish to organize it, please send me a direct message.  I can't promise that I will make it an event, due to potential scheduling conflicts, however I will if i can and i am going to try to send out a weekly or biweekly email with member suggested events around the area for people's reference.  I might not send one out every week but I will try.

Hopefully this eliminates any confusion about the Meetup Suggestion option.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.  Thanks!

Erica