The Glendale Photography Group Message Board › Scott Kelby Photowalk

Scott Kelby Photowalk

MaryAnn
user 13772296
Glendale, CA
Post #: 13
I've been trying to get a slot. Finally, here's one.
For those who were not able to get a slot for the light house meet up, you might want to join Scott Kelby photo walk instead and get the chance to shoot wildlife in its natural habitat. This site, Ballona Wetlands Freshwater Marsh, is not usually open to just anyone. The photowalk leader was able to contact and set up a tour for the participants. They've increased the # of photographers to 50. There are 25 slots left! :D

Register here:
http://worldwidephoto...­

Details of the photowalk:

Date: Saturday, October 13, 2012
Time: 09:45am - 12:30pm
Location Details: Ballona Wetlands Freshwater Marsh, corner Lincoln & Jeffersn
After the walk, meet at: To be announced

Photo Walk Description
I have contacted the Friends of Ballona Wetlands to set up a special tour for a maximum of 20 people this morning. We will have a chance to go into the wetlands with the
potential of visiting a place that is normally not open to just anyone. A chance to photograph wildlife in its natural habitat. Make sure to bring sunscreen, a hat, and good shoes
or boots. Park on the S. side of Jefferson. I am an amateur photographer who has been trained in photography(U.S. Army), and have been taking pictures for over 45 years now.
MaryAnn
user 13772296
Glendale, CA
Post #: 14
The lighthouse meetup is at 1pm. you guys can probably join BOTH! Scott Kelby photowalk ends at 12:30. You can leave the Ballona Wetlands early and then go to the Lighthouse meet up. wink
MaryAnn
user 13772296
Glendale, CA
Post #: 15
Clarification:
The Ballona Wetlands Freshwater Marsh is normally open to the public the second and fourth Saturdays of each month from 10 to 11am. This will be a special docent led tour for our group (Scott Kelby photo walk). So if you can't join this, you can always visit the place on those specific days. It's a good place for bird photography and IR--I think. smile