The Glendale Photography Group Message Board › Nikon D80 with Battery grip and Fuji S3 both for sale.

Nikon D80 with Battery grip and Fuji S3 both for sale.

RJ C.
user 38304272
Burbank, CA
Post #: 1
Nikon D80 with Battery grip and Fuji S3 both for sale. Anyone interested?
Timothy C.
timothycharles
Altadena, CA
Post #: 36
Nikon D80 with Battery grip

What else comes with the camera and battery clip? costs?
RJ C.
user 38304272
Burbank, CA
Post #: 2
Hi Tim. Nikon D80 Body Only with MB D80 Battery Grip, Charger, Strap. All original package content. All software, Original Box. It does need a battery. There is one in the box but I don't think it is any good. I haven't used the camera in 6 months or so. I'd have to get the camera out and get some special software to get shutter actuations. I'm thinking $400 for camera and grip. It is in mint condition. The reason that it is retired is that I shoot with a D700 and a Sony DSC-HX200V all the time now. If this interests you, I'll dig around for EXIF software to read shutter info. I have never shot Jpgs with it. Only RAW. So I have to look into Jpg world.

Thanks,

RJ
RJ C.
user 38304272
Burbank, CA
Post #: 3
Hi Tim. OK Here is info on D80. Last Image I took with it was 4/7/12 and 21525 Actuations. Not a lot. TTYS
henry n.
user 14298931
Van Nuys, CA
Post #: 14
What about the Fuji-S3 , any more detail and the money you want for ?
RJ C.
user 38304272
Burbank, CA
Post #: 4
Same price for the Fuji S3 body only. $400.00. I'll see if PS will reveal the number shutter actuations on the S3. By the way. In my opinion the design of the Fuji S3 gives me a much better picture than my D700. It has a huge dynamic range. It uses a 6 + 6 design. It has 6 million RGB pixels and 6 million luminance pixels making it an effective 12 MP camera. The luminance pixel captures the highlights that are normally missed. An example of that is when you shoot a portrait of a person you sometimes get a shiny highlight or bloom on skin when the camera exposes for dark hair. The luminance pixels capture that bloom or highlight. Great design. But in order to achieve that, the fastest the camera will shoot uncompressed 24 MB Raw files is about 1.5 frames per second as it takes a long time to write to CF card. Faster CF cards do not make any difference. The S3 is a terrific studio portrait camera where shooting speed is not an issue. The one and ONLY reason I retired the S3 is that it is difficult to shoot auto racing at that speed. The S3 runs on 4 rechargeable or alkaline AA batteries that are in a vertical battery grip. It uses all Nikon lenses and flashes. It has a AA battery charger and an AC supply for studio use.
RJ C.
user 38304272
Burbank, CA
Post #: 5
Both cameras sold. :-)