addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Glendale Photography Group Message Board › Shooting Under the Rain

Shooting Under the Rain

Brewster
brewster_baker
Panorama City, CA
Post #: 16
It never rain in California" so goes the popular song.
How about shooting under the rain. I understand that water
and camera are worst enemy but there is beauty hiding
over it. This will be a no host, place and time since it is. seldom
to rain in California So anytime it rain go and do it! Then post it.
Timothy C.
timothycharles
Altadena, CA
Post #: 37
I think this is a great subject for a wonderful photograph, and there are infinite possibilities. Now here is a sub category to cover, based on what you said in your second sentence... what does everyone do to protect your camera in the rain? List your method or device!
MaryAnn
user 13772296
Glendale, CA
Post #: 17
I think this is a great subject for a wonderful photograph, and there are infinite possibilities. Now here is a sub category to cover, based on what you said in your second sentence... what does everyone do to protect your camera in the rain? List your method or device!
you should create a no-host meetup, brewster, and then open it after it rained.

i shot a few times in the rain. I first used 'ziplocs'. i put a hole at the bottom of ziploc, just big enough for my lens to get through then seal the other end where the camera controls are. that's good enough. then, i upgraded to using a rain-sleeve. there are better brands and better looking 'dslr rain covers'. i'm attaching this article with all those dslr 'raincover' brands: http://www.outdoorpho...­. hope that helps.

and when the rain is so strong, i waterproof my bag using a used grocery plastic bag. i sometimes use it when shooting seascapes or riding small boats--as in really small motorized boats. you can never tell when you suddenly sit and totally forgot that your bag is suddenly slightly submerged in the water. there are 2 ways: you can waterproof just the contents of your camera bag. or you can waterproof your whole bag. there are water-proof camera bags. i saw one but it's crazy-heavy even when empty! you won't need that much rain protection in socal.--thank God!

also, besides protecting my gears, i'm also protecting myself from getting wet. i used to have a long, transparent raincoat in my camera bag. well, i came from a tropical country so i didn't want rain to stop me from shooting. now, i don't have any. yay! rainboots are ok. any waterproof shoes are ok. well, these are optional. some people luvvv the rain and they don't mind getting wet.

what else? Hmm.... that's all for now.

p.s. i suggest don't use your precious polarizer filter in the rain. water getting into your polarizer will damage it.