addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Great Australian Shepherd Texas Roundup Message Board › Question about future Meetups and the January Meetup

Question about future Meetups and the January Meetup

Adele S.
user 11422111
Austin, TX

Some of the members felt the meetup group at the January meetup was too large and some of the dogs were far too stressed out even to attend. I feel this is not the comfortable and relaxed situation I'd like to see for our meetups. My idea is to put a limit on attending members to each meetup. Unfortunately this is only going to be able to count the "people" attending and not the number of dogs.

So, what I would like is first, everyone's opinion on HOW MANY DOGS SHOULD BE ALLOWED TO ATTEND? and then also I will need everyone to help me out and when you RSVP in your Guest count I need you to put the number of dogs that will be attending with you MINUS one. SO, it's pretty simple. I have three dogs. When I RSVP to a meetup I will put 2 guests. This means that there will be 3 dogs RSVPd for in the final count.

At our January meetup we had 20 dogs. I'm thinking that a good amount of dogs will be able 10, but we could try as high as 15... What's the general thought on this?

Adele - Organizer for AAAS Meetup Group
A former member
Post #: 3
I thought the space was ok with all the dogs-my two were fine. Personally, I don't go to too many at Action Pack as it is really far for me (takes an hour to get there). I am still happy to host at our house once and awhile but I get the feeling most people live North.
A former member
Post #: 2
I had every intention of going Saturday but was lucky enough to have someone come hang drapes and pictures in the new home I bought. But, still, I plan on going and I'm not really for limiting who can come which is what it will come to if we have a number limit. I love seeing them all.