addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Great Australian Shepherd Texas Roundup Message Board › September Meetup & Fees Change & Location

September Meetup & Fees Change & Location

Adele S.
user 11422111
Austin, TX
Hey everyone! Just wanted to remind everyone that the September meetup is coming up on the 23rd. I need at least four dogs to attend (other than mine). Otherwise we will skip the AAAS meetup for this month and meet in October.

http://www.meetup.com...­

Also, I'm going to try a new system for meetup dues. It should make it much easier to regulate who has and hasn't paid. There will now be twice yearly membership dues of 10$. On November 1st and May 1st. This will actually lower the fees to 20$ per year instead of the previous 30$ per year. You may mail me a check or pay through paypal. The payment due date will be strict, anyone who hasn't paid by the deadline will be removed from membership within 48 hours. You may pay early as well. Though I ask that you not pay earlier than 30 days before the due date.

Another thing, I'm going to start trying very hard to find new locations to host at. If you would like to offer a location idea please email me. The location must be fenced in (or so large an area that the dogs can't easily find there way to a road or neighbors or various other dangers), and have no other non-aussie dogs present. So, this excludes dog parks. During the summer locations must offer water for the dogs to cool off. The location must also have running room for the dogs about a 1/4 the size of a football field or larger. It needs to be a 1/3 to 1/2 the size of a football field to allow for meetups with no limit to RSVPs. I'm pretty open to various ideas, however if we have to pay to use the area I will have to charge an entrance fee to the members and nobody probably would like that. So this very much limits my ability to find various locations. email me at adele.m.shaw@gmail.com if you have any ideas.

Thanks everyone for sticking with me through this rocky summer! I haven't been around very much due to family emergencies, having a small child, and my husband changing jobs. I'm determined to get this group back up on it's feet though and let our fuzzy children have some fun again!

Adele Shaw