The Happy Hour Group Message Board › Ponte Vecchio Follow-up - Please Read

Ponte Vecchio Follow-up - Please Read

Jill
bonnjill
Solon, OH
Hi everyone,

I have been notified that the bartender stated that lots of people left without paying for their drinks, more than $200.00 worth. Cheri and I will be covering this outstanding bill. This is unacceptable behavior, and it will not be tolerated in the future. This will never happen again. If we need to check and make sure you have paid your bill before you leave we will. Not paying your bill in the future will mean being thrown out of the group.

Sincerely,

Jill
Becky O.
user 9754611
Bay Village, OH
Post #: 2
Ponte Vecchio should have gotten a credit card from anyone who was running a tab. If they did not, that was irresponsible bar tending. You should not pay a supposed tab of $200 from the bar.

Early in the evening, when it was still happy hour, I ordered a scotch and water and a domestic beer. I was charged $15, about twice the published rate. I just paid and walked away. I was not impressed with how they were serving us, charging us, or running tabs.

You brought in a large group of people and warned them we were coming. They should have been prepared to serve us, charge us accurately, and run tabs off credit cards as necessary.

Becky
Cynthia D.
user 11597179
Medina, OH
Post #: 10
Becky,

I emailed Jill directly, but my tab included an extra wine as well & they adjusted it for me . . .

Cynthia
Rob
user 10550139
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
I agree with Becky on this one. But, I sure would like to know who left the bar knowing they didn't pay. That's just plain stealing!
Metz
user 13285104
Lakewood, OH
Jill,
I started a tab when I walked in and closed it at the end of the night. That should have been the case for anyone ordering. I did notice they were having problems behind the bar. My appetizers where sent to the wrong end of the bar and sat there for 20 minutes. I asked to have order canceled and it was not on my bill at the end of the night. I also noticed a few people had to have there tabs adjusted. You should not have had to pay that burdened expense. The next time I see you I'll help off set your expense.
Lesson Learned,
Metz
Eileen O.
user 10259082
Cleveland, OH
Jill and Cheri, I also was not at that event, but after reading all of the responses, something smells fishy. I am not sure who manages Ponte Vecchio's now but I do know one of the owners. His name is Joe Marsh and his mother-in-law is a very close friend of mine. A few years back, she managed it. As far as I know, this never has happened before. I am going to contact her to let her know about this. I'm sure Joe would be interested in what has happened.

Eileen