The Happy Hour Group Message Board › Ponte Vecchio

Ponte Vecchio

Jill
bonnjill
Solon, OH
Thanks to everyone who has weighed in - either privately to Cheri and me or over the list. I have the e-mail set to approve the messages before they go out, but I felt most of them were worthy of being forwarded to the members of the group.I apologize if anyone felt there were too many e-mails going out to the group on this subject. I won't be approving any more e-mails to the group on this subject.

I appreciate everyone's concern. I will be meeting with the manager this week and will come armed with several of your e-mails. I have a feeling disorganization is more to blame than anyone blatantly skipping out on their tab. $200 is simply too large a sum for a group that is normally so great about paying their bills and tipping the staff.

I truly believe we have a great group, so I am sorry for my rather caustic e-mail. When I initially heard about the $200 tab I was so frustrated I was in tears, so that should explain my rather brusque e-mail.

As a former server in high school and college, if I could request one thing in the future however... I think the wait staff at our venues would appreciate it if you would stay where you are when you order a drink or food. You are free to take the food and drink with you once you have it, but please stay put to allow them to easily find you. I think this definitely contributed to some of the confusion. Thank you!

I hope you all had a wonderful New Year's Eve and I look forward to seeing you at our next events.

Sincerely,

Jill
Cheri
user 6083768
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 20
I agree with Jill. This is a great group of honorable respecttful people. I have no doubt their is a mistake on PV,s end based on your emails. I do knoow we have had only one tab ever walked out on in the past. A very sharp bartendar caught it and let us know right away. Based on knowing that, I recognize their is potential for culpability on our end as well.

To me the whole incident has taught me how lucky we are too have such a supportive group and how jill and I need to insist the bar takes credit cards or puts names on bills. The latter two things could have made a difference.

Again thanks for your support. Happy New Year!

Cheri