The Happy Hour Group Message Board › Name tags?

Name tags?

A former member
Post #: 3
Would it be possible to distribute name tags at future Happy Hour Meetups? This would be helpful to those of us who don't know too many people at these events and are a bit shy. Not naming anyone, but...

The Northeast Ohio Wine Connection group passes out name tags when you walk in. Makes it a little easier to meet and greet people.

Anyway, just a suggestion. Thanks.

Alex
Dave R.
user 9933189
Willoughby, OH
Post #: 4
Alex..I agree! I've asked! They won't! It's an extra cost to the organizer...as an organizer I understand..and want to keep it simple...but it would help...especially with my advance CRS condition...lol..(what was you name again?...oh ya Alex)...I think next time I'm just going to bring my own. :-)
Cheri
user 6083768
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 21
Thanks Dave for updating Alex. I know name tags are a nice thing to do. I think you will find Alex as you attend events post one to two events you will start remembering peoples names, especially those who you hang out with most.

At this point in time, there are no plans to add additional cost to the group. We do not collect any money for this and it is coming out of Jill's pocket or my own. Right now, Jill already incurs the monthly cost of running the group and having the website. So no additional costs will be added.

I used to get name tags with prior groups and most of the adhesive on them lent to them crawling up in my hair or off my clothing on the floor. Some people will wear them and others don't. As far as I know, the wine group is the only one using them. Maybe Dave's beer group is too.
A former member
Post #: 4
Okay, thanks for the update.

I've "tagged" myself (which is not as painful as I thought it was going to be) in photo #23 from last night. Maybe I'll wear a name tag at the next meetup, too. smile