addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Happy Hour Group Message Board › Attendance

Attendance

Cheri
user 6083768
Cleveland, OH
hey everyone,

It is really important that if you RSVP that you plan on attending or that you change that RSVP at least 24 to 48  hour before unless you are sick etc.  There are people depending on us showing up based on the count I gave them 24 hour prior to the waiting lists going on a roller coaster ride. When I tell them 75 people are coming, I expect 75 people are coming. Or I expect to be giving them a number that is close to the the number we promised.  Yesterday I received 43 emails with changes in RSVP on Lockkeepers.  I get an email everytime someone changes there mind on their RSVP.  Did 43 people have last minute changes?  Two weeks ago on the date of the venue, I had 33 emails with last minute changes.  Those serious swings start to worry me as the day goes on as I have made a promise to a restaurant who in turn has an expectation of us.

While you may think this is no great big deal, here is how it affects us and the restaurant. When making plans with the restaurant, they plan for a group of 75.  With that being said, they bring in extra help who they pay regardless if we show up or not. If we fall really short of our goal, people with great venues are going to be more reluctant to have groups comes in the future because of lack of reliability and it having cost them something.  Or they won't take me seriously when I say something to them next time.  That is unacceptable to me. 

When you RSVP, do so with the idea in mind that you are seriously going to attend and not as a maybe option.  Leave the room open for someone who can attend.  You can always come back and RSVP at a later date.  That is really how the RSVP feature is intended to be used.

Cheers,

Cheri