Moderate hike at moderate pace that is approximately 7 miles with about 1500 elevation gain spread over parts of the trail. Partial there and back and loop. There is a beautiful redwood grove and points where there panoramic views of coast and inland.
We will be stopping on Red Hill for lunch.
Detail description: http://trailhead.blogs.pressdemocrat.com/12138/shell-beach-to-pomo-canyon/
Carpooling is suggested. Please comment if you are going to be at one of the carpool locations.
I will add locations to this if you contact me.
Sebastopol: Parking lot across from Sebastopol Vets Building (282 S High St.) leaving at 9:45am
Santa Rosa: PG&E Substation, River Road Near Highway 101 (near John Ash Restaurant) leaving at 9:40am
Meet: Shell Beach Parking Lot.
Trail-head depart Time: We will be on the trail promptly at 10:30am. It is good to arrive a little early so you don’t get left behind.
To participate in a hike, I require that
you take responsibility for yourself and
any guest(s) that you bring. This is
actually spelled out in your
agreement with meetup.com
website. See especially section
"6.2 Release" in "Meetup Terms of
Service Agreement" at:
While you are ultimately responsible for your comfort and safety, it is requested that you are prepared. This includes:
- Plenty of water!
- Plenty of nourishment.
- Protection from cold. Warm clothing in layers, appropriate socks, rain gear, emergency blanket.
- First-aid supplies.
- Sturdy footwear
- Anything else you will require to ensure your own and guest(s) personal comfort and safety.
I also request that you
- Are courteous and respectful of others.
- Bring a positive attitude and open mind.
- Take responsibility for yourself.
- Respect the land we hike through.
- Come ready for a good day.