The Hiking League Message Board › Duncan Ridge Trail Hike

Duncan Ridge Trail Hike

Charlie B
user 9860550
Group Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
...just a quick reminder about this Sunday's Hike. We'll be hiking a section of the Duncan Ridge Trail near Blue Ridge, GA. Make sure to wear hiking shoes, and bring lunch, water, and a couple of snacks. Though no special equipment is needed, this trail is for immediate to advanced hikers, so please do not RSVP for this particular hike if you are not an experienced hiker who can maintain a good pace.

Distance: We'll do an out and back, and should be able to do between eight and ten miles depending upon the group's pace. Hike will start at 11:30 and we should be back in the Atlanta area by 6:00.

Where To Meet:
Carpooling 1: There is limited parking at the trailhead, so let's carpool if we can. I can pick people up at the Best Buy in Alpharetta (just off of exit 9 on 400 North; meet at the small lot to the left of the store). Plan on meeting at 9:15 am (we'll leave the parking lot at 9:30 sharp), and will take one or more cars based on the number of people meeting there. FYI, please email me if you'll meet us at the Best Buy so I'll know how many to expect. FYI, I drive a white Toyota Sequoia.
Carpooling 2: For those individuals not meeting us at the Best Buy, please meet in the parking lot of Wendy's in Blue Ridge (coming up 515, it is to the right of the light immediately following the junction of 515 and 5. FYI, there is a McDonalds on the corner). From there we'll all drive the minimum amount of cars to the trailhead.

Please update your RSVPs accordingly, and I'll see you on Sunday!