The Hiking League Message Board › Swinging Bridge Hike

Swinging Bridge Hike

Charlie B
user 9860550
Group Organizer
Alpharetta, GA
...just a quick reminder about our Swinging Bridge hike this Sunday.
About The Trail: The Swinging Bridge near Blue Ridge/Route 60 is one of the largest suspension bridges east of the Mississippi - yet is in the middle of the woods and is for hikers only!
We'll park at the nearest trailhead, then hike the bridge and parts of the Duncan Ridge and other trails. Total mileage will be about eight miles (more available if the group wants to do it!). No special equipment is needed, but do bring hiking shoes, lunch, water, some snacks, and some stories to share! Level/Pace is intermediate, so experienced hikers only for this trip. And as Steve and others always request: no pets or children please.
Meeting Times/Places: Meet at the trailhead at 11:30am, which is basically where you see the cars parked when the forest service road ends.
Carpool Options - Updated On 11/8: I will run one carpool. Please meet at the parking lot of Best Buy on Haynes Bridge Rd and Exit 9 off of 400 at 9:15am (we will leave promptly at 9:30am). I have a white Toyota Sequoia and will meet you in the parking lot on the left hand side of the store. Please send me an eMail by Saturday night to let me know you want to carpool with me. Please start an email string if you would like to start a carpool group from somewhere else.
Reminders: Please make sure to bring some water, lunch, and snacks, as well as a towel and shirt change for the ride home. Last, we should be back in the Atlanta area around 6pm. See you there!
Charlie