I won't close submissions before the deadline. I didn't want to imply that in my last email, sorry! I would only close the submissions AFTER July 15th if we have a lot of work and we don't need to advertise for more pieces for the September 19th exhibition. Those of you working on photos or paintings need not to worry that I will close submissions before the deadline. Just keep me posted on what you're working on. I do want our walls to be full of trees. Thank you! :) Lissette
This is a networking group for artists in Los Angeles. We have an artsy space in Hollywood (on Melrose), the Neon Venus Art Theatre, and we feature exhibitions from LA artists, in addition to featuring weekly acting showcases, Improv performances and stand-up.
1. To form groups to attend art shows, art events, etc. (you can suggest a meetup)
2. We also want to work with teachers and develop courses for children and adults on painting, photography and mixed media.
3.To talk about galleries in Los Angeles, exhibits, history of art and to keep each other updated with what is going on in the world of art in general and in Los Angeles.
4. To network and help each other get exhibits and sell art.
5. To form painting groups of artists working on new work (with a moderator).
6. To do photography sessions outdoors with a group of artists (hikes, interesting locations, etc.
The organizer is a teacher/artist and has worked as a headshot and band photographer, has shot music videos for TV, has taken painting classes, and is owner of the venue.