Just wanted to let you all know that for our Sunday meetup we will be seating members only to room capacity, so please come early to ensure a seat. We capped it at 70 at the Film and Screenings meetup with our RSVPs (it's all full now) because usually only a percentage of the members do actually come to the meetings, so Max and I think that we should be just fine this Sunday. I think there are about 10 RSVPs from the Painting group. We do expect a perfectly full room and to have a great networking seminar with all of you! Thank you, Lissette
This is a networking group for artists in Los Angeles. We have an artsy space in Hollywood (on Melrose), the Neon Venus Art Theatre, and we feature exhibitions from LA artists, in addition to featuring weekly acting showcases, Improv performances and stand-up.
1. To form groups to attend art shows, art events, etc. (you can suggest a meetup)
2. We also want to work with teachers and develop courses for children and adults on painting, photography and mixed media.
3.To talk about galleries in Los Angeles, exhibits, history of art and to keep each other updated with what is going on in the world of art in general and in Los Angeles.
4. To network and help each other get exhibits and sell art.
5. To form painting groups of artists working on new work (with a moderator).
6. To do photography sessions outdoors with a group of artists (hikes, interesting locations, etc.
The organizer is a teacher/artist and has worked as a headshot and band photographer, has shot music videos for TV, has taken painting classes, and is owner of the venue.