We are heading to Austin for the weekend to go climbing outdoors on Friday through Sunday (for those of us who get Friday off...the rest of us will meet up Saturday and Sunday only)! Most of us are camping at Pace Bend for the weekend. See details below.
Climbing at Reimers Ranch - North Shore
Reimers Ranch is about a half hour southwest of Austin. There are routes for beginners through advanced levels. There is a fee to enter the park - $10 per car and they will make you sign a waiver.
Here is a link to some info on Reimers: http://www.rockclimbing.com/routes/North_America/United_States/Texas/South_Central_Texas/Reimers_Ranch/
2805 Pace Bend Rd North
Spicewood, TX 78669
$15 primitive camping per vehicle per night (have 400+ sites)
$20 improved camping per vehicle per night
$10 to reserve improved campsite (in addition to camping fee)
Prices are discounted if you have a Lone Star Pass
**Camping fees also covers day pass to Reimer's Ranch and Hamilton Pool
What you need to bring:
- Your own harness and shoes.
- Snack foods for climbing and any meals you don't want to eat out.
- Water - bring yourself a few bottles.
- Non-flip flop footwear to walk to the climbing walls (I have a "lovely" story about that one...).
- A sleeping bag.
- An airmattress/foam pad - anything to put under your sleeping bag to retain heat better. If you don't have an airmattress or foam pad, bring a large blanket or two.
- Flashlight or headlamp.
- Clothing for cool weather (sweater/jacket/hat etc.).