The Houston Rock Climbing Community Message Board › Easter trip to Vegas!!

Easter trip to Vegas!!

David
user 63546942
Houston, TX
Post #: 1
Hi

Anyone interested in heading out to climb at Red rocks in las Vegas for the easter weekend? We could head out Thursday April 17th and return on the monday. That gives three solid days of climbing on sandstone. Please let me know if you are interested and we can start planning an awesome trip!!

Katia
user 102802562
Houston, TX
Post #: 7
Yes, we are. See ya tomorrow to plan.
wink
Katia
user 102802562
Houston, TX
Post #: 9
Yes, we are. See ya tomorrow to plan.
wink
Eugene
user 11027719
Hong Kong, HK
Post #: 1
Hi,

I'd be interested in joining you all for some Red Rocks climbing in April. I went in December and it was amazing.

After talking to some of you, it seems many of you will be staying in LV in hotels. I'd like to know if anyone would be interested in camping instead? The camp site is a few minutes drive away from the park entrance. Costs $15/night to camp.

There are no showers at the camp site but there is a rock gym in town (on the way to the airport) that lets you take a shower for $10, and they even provide shampoo and soap. I think there is also a community center near the park that also has showers.

Just throwing the idea out there for now. Logistically-speaking, I don't know how hard/easy it would be if the group was split into two groups, especially if the hotel people would be coming later in the day. Maybe we could all agree to meet at a particular parking lot at a certain time (if everyone wants to climb together).

Anyway, let me know if any of you might consider camping.

Thanks,

Eugene