The Hudson Valley Pug Meetup Group Message Board › UPCOMING MEETUPS AND LOCAL EVENTS!

UPCOMING MEETUPS AND LOCAL EVENTS!

Carol
Rosie-n-Mikey
Group Organizer
Poughkeepsie, NY
Hello fellow pug lovers...
Well it looks like the weather has finally broken and you know what that means...IT'S MEETUP TIME!!! I have scheduled a couple of meetups, one in June and the other in July. I haven't decided if they will be at Bowdoin Park or at my home but I will make that decision soon. I live in Lagrange and my home is very easy to get to via the Taconic Parkway, route 55 or even from route 9. I have a fenced in yard and if it's warm...a little pug sized pool. Bowdoin park requires setting up and breaking down so it all depends on the help I can get for those days.
I also wanted to let you know of a couple of events happening this weekend and in June. On Sunday, May 18th is Woof & Wine in Marlboro at the Benmarl Winery from 11am-6pm. You can stroll the vineyards with your pug, shop with participating vendors and do some wine tasting (what could be better!)....all to support shelter and rescue dogs! For more info you can visit their site at www.benmarl.com .
Mickey's Mile Dog Walk is Saturday, June 14th at the East Fishkill Community Center on Route 82 starting at 10am. This is the 8th year of the walk and all donations go directly to the Purdue Foundation at Purdue University School of Veterinary Medicine for canine cancer research. There will be food, music, vendors, raffles, a leash free dog park and of course a walk. Camille always puts on a great event in honor of her westie Mickey that passed away in 2006 of cancer. For more information you can go on their facebook page or go to www.mickeysmile.net .
I also wanted to thank everyone that attended Beacon Barks Day back in April. It was a beautiful day for the pugs and OUR GROUP WON "BEST GROUP SPIRIT"!!! It was a lot of fun and as we paraded down Main Street, you could hear the people say, "here come the pugs!" while cameras were clicking. It was a proud day for everyone and you could tell by the way the pugs proudly strolled down the street! Gotta love 'em!
Well that's about it for now. I hope to see you at the meetups and maybe the events. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions...always feel free to contact me!
Pug hugs,
Carol :-)