The Hudson Valley Pug Meetup Group Message Board › My Maverick is very sick

My Maverick is very sick

Sharon H.
razamataz
New Windsor, NY
Post #: 1
Maverick has Pulmonay Edema and Pleual Effusion, he will not be able to attend any activates for a while. He will miss seeing all his friends.
Carol
Rosie-n-Mikey
Group Organizer
Poughkeepsie, NY
Post #: 3,141
oh no!!!! poor sweet maverick!!! when did this happen and how did you know, if you don't mind me asking? i know that rest is real important for this condition but i hope he feels better real soon and can come and play. we will miss him dearly. please give him some extra belly rubs from me, rosie and mikey....and please keep me updated on how he is doing, if you can. sending lots of pug hugs to you guys .
Sharon H.
razamataz
New Windsor, NY
Post #: 2
After a very enjoyable morning at the park, Maverick and Zeva wanted to take a nap while we went out for a few hours, when we cam home we found he had vomited several times during the afternoon, and was having difficulty breathing. We took him to the ER, and after running test they thought he had a stomach virus and gave us pain meds and antibiotics. By Tuesday he was not any better, worse in fact, so we took him to our vet, and they took x-rays. The x- rays showed fluid on the lungs. He is now on Lasix, Zeniquin and Clavamox, and is showing signs of improvement. But very weak, and not eating well, and has to have more x-rays Thursday. So it is going to be a long slow recovery.

Thank you, and will pass all the Pug hugs onto Maverick.
Norma Lehmeier H.
user 6448337
Croton on Hudson, NY
Post #: 25
I'm so sorry about Maverick and hope he feels better soon.
Sharon H.
razamataz
New Windsor, NY
Post #: 3
Update on Maverick, after more x-rays and having them reviewed by a radiologist he has been diagnosed with Bronchopneumonia. He will be on meds for a couple of months and will miss most of the summer activates with his pug friends.
Lisa
PugsWeb
Poughkeepsie, NY
Post #: 612
awww . . .thinking of all of you!!! Keep us updated on how he is doing!
Lisa
Sharon H.
razamataz
New Windsor, NY
Post #: 4
Maverick is making a slow but steady recovery. He is eating small amounts and has been a little more active. He is expected to make a full recovery over the next two months. He is looking forward to seeing all his pug friends around mid July.
Carol
Rosie-n-Mikey
Group Organizer
Poughkeepsie, NY
Post #: 3,142
oh sharon....i'm so happy to hear he is on the mend. maverick is a strong boy, he will be just fine with the TLC that you, robin and zeva are giving him. we will miss him at this next meetup but hopefully he will be his healthy handsome self by our july meetup....definitely by late summer. rosie and mikey send sloppy kisses to him and zeva! thanks for the updates, our pug members are special to ALL of us smile