The Irish / British Genealogy Group Message Board › NEW--Search the "survival" 1841 / 1851 Irish Census

NEW--Search the "survival" 1841 / 1851 Irish Census

Patrick
user 9112510
New York, NY
Post #: 33
Hi everyone,
All this time, we've been told that the Irish Census before 1901 was lost/burned.
The Irish National Archives Genealogy website NOW EXPANDED to include Census Records for 1901 and 1911, Census survivals for 1821-51, Census Search forms for 1841-51, the Tithe Applotment Books from 1823 to 1837, the Soldiers’ Wills from 1914 to 1917, and the Calendars of Wills and Administrations from 1858 to 1922.

This was sent to me today from my cousin over in Ireland, and she's discovered GGG grandfather's brothers/sisters and other names. She's written me about 6 emails today, with 2 new mysteries with my own Grandfather (might of had twins who died and then reused those names again, both names matches my father and his older sister).

My 6 month dry spell has ended.......
-Patrick
Bridget
user 8700760
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 132
Wow, that's amazing news, thanks for sharing! I've yet to discover any ties but am of the mind that there may be some distant family links to my direct ancestors that could be useful.