addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Irish / British Genealogy Group Message Board › Seeking NY Irish Organization for PBS show!

Seeking NY Irish Organization for PBS show!

dave
user 2649589
New York, NY
Post #: 6
Greetings Everyone,
I'm Dave and I'm a crooner and award winning filmmaker here in NYC. Great to find this meetup group. I'm currently producing a tv show for PBS with a renowned concert pianist I perform with. The show is a series of musical vignettes including some beloved Irish melodies. I'm seeking a lovely locale in NYC to film one of them - i.e. a nicely appointed cultural center or meeting hall. Any suggestions where I might do this? We'd love to also film a short interview and include some info on the place that is chosen for the tv show and of course they would receive full screen credit. Please contact me for more info! Thanks for your help!
Dave
www.myspace.com/croonprince
Bridget
user 8700760
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 10
Hi Dave,

A few ideas - interested in the Morgan Library, Guggenheim, the Met, AMNH or corporate sites like NY Times or Time Warner? I'm with Restaurant Associates and we hold the food and hospitality contracts in these spaces + more so could get you contact info, etc

Alternatively I know there is the Irish Arts Center in Hell's Kitchen. I haven't visited the site but do know there is a hall.

Bridget
Patricia
user 11068108
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Dave,

Have you considered Ireland House at New York University? Their address is 1 Washington Mews, New York(right off Washington Square Park). There's always the Irish Repertory Theatre on West 22nd Street.

Patricia