Get Your Badge for Gen Con Indy
Interested in attending Gen Con Indy 2012? The first step is to buy a badge, and now is a great time to do it! Badges are currently available for purchase at Pre-Reg prices. Once Pre-Registration closes at the end of June, badge prices will go up, so be sure to get yours before then. Remember, anyone interested in attending our show will need to purchase a badge. A badge will give you access to the Exhibit Hall, Art Show, seminars and other free events happening in public areas. It will also allow you to purchase event tickets to participate in specific events.
If you have any trouble creating or accessing your account, please contact us at [masked] for assistance. More information on how to create an account and buy a badge can be found in our Attendee FAQ.
- Sunday, January 29, 2012, Noon (Eastern) - Badge Pre-Registration begins.
- Tuesday, January 31, 2012, Noon (Eastern) - Housing reservations open.
- Sunday, May 20, 2012, Noon (Eastern) - Event Pre-Registration begins.
- Saturday, June 30, 2012, 11:59 pm (Eastern) - Pre-Registration ends. All shipping method changes must be completed by this time.
- Sunday, July 1, 2012 - Badge prices increase. All purchases will be Will Call only. Last day to cancel badges before we arrive onsite. Any refunds will be made to system credit only.
- July 1-July 27 - Fulfillment period. Badges and tickets purchased during Pre-Registration will be printed and mailed to those who chose USPS or FedEx.
- Monday, July 23, 2012, 5 pm (Eastern) - Housing cut-off date, the last day to make new hotel reservations.
- Monday, August 6, 2012, 5 pm (Eastern) - Last day to make changes to your existing hotel reservation through the Housing Bureau. After this date, you must contact the hotel directly to make any changes to your reservation.
- Wednesday, August 15, 2012, Noon (Eastern) - Onsite Registration begins.
- Thursday-Sunday, August 16-19, 2012 - Gen Con Indy show dates!
All badges and event tickets will be purchasable online through our registration system. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express for payment. Checks and money orders are not accepted at any time. We do not accept badge or ticket orders over the phone. The Marion County admissions tax will be charged for all badge purchases, in compliance with Marion County laws.
You may be wondering what "Registration" means. It's the time when attendees can purchase badges and event tickets for Gen Con Indy online through our registration system. (Gen Con does not sell badges or event tickets over the phone.) What's the difference is between Pre-Registration and regular Registration? It's all about the prices and shipping methods! Here are some tid-bits that you need to know:
- Pre-Registration dates are January 29 (Noon, Eastern) through June 30 (11:59 pm, Eastern).
- We offer discounted pricing on most badges during Pre-Registration (see Gen Con Badges).
- Most badge prices will go UP once Pre-Registration ends!
- Any purchases made after Pre-Registration ends will be held at Will Call ("Ship To Me" options are not available).
- Online Registration stays open (at regular prices) through the last day of the show.
- All attendees must purchase a badge.
- We do not offer parent badges, shopper badges or other types of limited-access, discounted badges.
- Children ages eight (8) and under are free but require a wristband and must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian with a badge. Children must be registered at the Customer Service or Registration kiosks for security purposes.
- Marion County admissions tax will be applied to all badge purchases, per Marion County laws.
- Badges purchased during Pre-Registration and labeled "Ship To Me" will be shipped via USPS or FedEx (as designated upon purchase) within three (3) weeks of the close of the pre-registration period. Please provide your mailing address and valid name in the account details section of your account (do not use any aliases).
- Gen Con is not responsible for badges or event tickets lost in the mail if items are shipped via USPS.
- Items shipped via FedEx can be tracked through the FedEx web site. If they do not arrive before the convention, the badges and/or event tickets in question will be reprinted at no cost.
- If you do not receive your package by two weeks before the show, please contact Customer Service at[masked] or[masked] x3806. Customer Service hours are Monday - Friday, 9:30 am - 5:00 pm (Pacific).
- Badges and tickets purchased after Pre-Registration ends will be labeled "Will Call".
- Items labeled "Will Call" will be available onsite at the Will Call kiosks and can only be picked up by the attendee whose name is on the badge. A valid government-issued photo ID is required in order to pick up your packet at Will Call. The only exception is for small children with no photo ID. A parent or guardian with a valid ID must accompany the child when picking up their Will Call packet.
- For information regarding cancellations and refunding badges, please see our Refund Policy.
Gen Con Badges
Everyone attending Gen Con Indy must purchase a badge. A badge allows the individual entrance to the show, admittance to the Exhibit Hall, Art Show, Anime events, seminars and any events happening in the public areas which do not require an event ticket. We have a number of different badge types, from standard badges (4-Day or 1-Day) to VIG badges to Sunday Family Fun badges. See below for details on the various badge types.
(Jan 29 - Jun 30)
(July 1 - Aug 19)
(Aug 15 - 19)
4-Day badge $70 $80 $80 1-Day badge (Thurs-Sat) $40 $50 $50 1-Day badge (Sun) n/a n/a $30
* There is a 6% admissions tax for all badges, in compliance with Marion County laws. The same tax will be charged both online and onsite for all badge sales.