The Krav Maga Self-Defense Group Message Board › Krav Maga Meetup April Announcements

Krav Maga Meetup April Announcements

Nick M.
user 8728353
Group Organizer
Reston, VA
Hi Everyone,

In the last couple of messages, I've mentioned some changes taking place that will start in April. Before that happens, though, I wanted to get in one more of our regular meetups. So, this week, there will be another meetup on Wednesday, April 31 at 6pm in Reston (Reston Meetup).

This groups been going strong for more than a year now. We have great people and great classes. Over the last few months, I've been thinking about the structure and purpose of the group as well as the fact that although I try to give everyone something new every class, I'm finding it more difficult to balance material between new and experienced people (and keep it interesting for both).

So, along those lines, I'll be cutting back on our regular weekly meetups and instead running a free, monthly meetup that is more focused and applicable to both new and experienced members. This new monthly meetup for April isn't posted yet, but I'll try to have something up by the end of the week.

Also, I'm going to be running a 8-week Krav Maga Intensive Basics Course at the Dulles SportsPlex near Dulles Town Center. It will begin on April 12 and end on June 10 (we'll take the week of Memorial Day off). Classes are on Mondays from 7-8pm and Thursdays from 6-7pm. The regular rate for the course is $249, but I want to extend a discounted price of $199 to all meetup members. I'll post it on our meetup calendar so you will be able to register for the class directly through our meetup group.

I haven't given up on regular classes, but I want to try to find a permanent (or at least semi-permanent) home for my classes before I start scheduling them again. Meeting in the park is great, but it is too dependent on weather conditions (plus it's getting into allergy season!).

Please feel free to email me if you have any questions or comments & don't forget that each meetup group has message boards and an idea section so members can communicate to each other through that as well.

Thanks everyone.
Nick