addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Las Vegas WordPress Meetup Group Message Board › More WordPress Learning in 2013

More WordPress Learning in 2013

John H.
VegasGeek
Henderson, NV
January 1st. Brand new year. If you're like me, one of your new years resolutions is something similar to LEARN LEARN LEARN in 2013. One of my others is to teach teach teach. And most of that will revolve around WordPress (go figure). Here's what we've got planned so far.

Meetups
I've scheduled the first two monthly meetups already. I'm hoping that by March we'll be ready to move in to a new venue that will give us a little more space and have ample technology (screen, projector, mic, etc). I'll definitely keep you posted.

Russ has also expressed interest in doing two meetups each month. One to focus on newer users and another to focus WordPress development. I'm going to suggest we try that out in February and see how it works out. I'll work with Russ to find a suitable date and location and get it on the schedule.

SkillShare classes
Last year I ran 5 skillshare classes and they were all really well received. Starting in February I plan to start that up again. I'm going to organize them in a series so that the first class acts as a base and each subsequent class will build on what we previously covered. I'll be making an announcement about those classes a bit later this month.

Other events
Vegas has a TON of events going on these days. If you want to expand your learning, there has never been a better time or more opportunities. If you haven't done so already, you should check out ayloo.net (a local startup company) and vegastech.com as they'll both keep you updated on upcoming events.

Speaking of upcoming events, this weekend is the New Media Expo (Formerly known as BlogWorld). This is the premier event for blogging, business, social media, podcasting, etc, etc, etc. If you're looking for an event where you can learn a lot in a short amount of time, this is it. If you haven't registered yet, you can do so here and use discount code 9SEEDS20 at checkout to receive 20% off any registration package. I'll be there and hop to see you there as well.

I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with you all this year.

Here's to a very successful 2013 for all of us.

Cheers,

John Hawkins
WordPress Las Vegas Meetup Organizer