addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The London Umbraco Meetup Message Board › The next meetup - 14th May

The next meetup - 14th May

Adam S.
ashallcross
Group Organizer
London, GB
Post #: 5
Hi Everyone

I know we discussed at the last meetup that maybe we should only have presentations every 2 months or so, but as that takes us to right on-top of Codegarden, I thought it would be a good idea to have some presentations at this meetup too.

May as well keep the momentum.

I know not everyone will be able to come every month, but I think there would be enough to at least present something. I'm sure I can waffle on about something for 10 mins, or we can have an open discussion about something Umbraco'y

Anyway, I'm starting to put the list together for people to present at the next event, so if anyone has anything they'd like to show then please add some ideas here...

Cheers

Adam
Warren B.
warrenbuckley
Westcliff-on-Sea, GB
Post #: 1
Hiya,
I can give a presentation on the new Umb London website as its built on Umbraco V6.0.3 and go through a few bits n pieces on it, if anyone is interested.

But as I talked last time, I would obviously much prefer if someone else gave a session instead of me rambling on.

Cheers,
Warren :)
Laurie
user 11533218
London, GB
The 3 topics which I'm keen to learn about currently are:

+ WebApi (replacement of /base, how it compares)
+ Load balancing
+ SingalR
Mike R.
user 38053332
London, GB
Warren, did you use the new Views instead of Masterpages? I would really like to this in action.
Warren B.
warrenbuckley
Westcliff-on-Sea, GB
Post #: 2
I am happy to talk about WebAPI and Umbraco, but again I don't want to be talking all the time, as it would be good for other people in the group to volunteer and speak.
Warren B.
warrenbuckley
Westcliff-on-Sea, GB
Post #: 3
@Mike Royle, yes all views & MVC based not a WebForm or Masterpage in sight
Neil T.
user 13930832
London, GB
Hi all, I'm working on a cool little two way relations package and pickers called uRelate - if it's stable by the 14th I'd like to present it and get your collective opinions.

Also very interested to see Warrens work if it's using Views :)