addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Los Angeles Polish Group Message Board › POLISH MOVIES: what do we have?

POLISH MOVIES: what do we have?

A former member
Czesc wam!

We want to set up another Polish movie pot luck night in a few weeks, but we need Polish movies with English subtitles so everyone can enjoy the film. 

It doesn't matter if the DVD is PAL or NTSC format, so if it's from Europe, no problem. Also, if anyone has Netflix and is willing to get one that way, I've heard they have quite a few.  But, neither Andrzej nor I have an account.

Can you help keep the movie nights going?  Please reply with any Polish films (with English subtitles) you have or can easily lay your hands on.

Dziekuje bardzo!

Orilea
Dominika
user 13498559
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
I only have one Polish movie at home, Pora Umierac (Time to Die), a beautiful, funny and haunting story about an elderly woman living with her dog in a big dilapidated house, which her stupid son is trying to sell to nouveau riche a$$hole neighbor. There is so much more to it, of course, my synopsis is very brief and limited.

I also have easy access to a few other films, all of them with Polish subtitles (except for Seksmisja). I can get Three Colors by Kieslowski, The Decalogue, Man of Iron, Kanal (if I remember correctly, and possibly other movies from the WWII trilogy), Katyn, and probably a few other films, but all similar, heavier fare. Nothing light and amusing. Sorry, that's just how I roll!

Dominika
Daniel
user 12460528
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 1
I have Knife in the Water (Polanski's 1st feature) a black and white thriller, very good.
A former member
Post #: 7
Thanks Dominika and Daniel!

Dominika -- you mentioned Polish subtitles. What we need are English subtitles... let me know. And, heavier fare is cool. We plan to do some of those, though the next one will be more on the light side.

Which reminds me... I need to get that posted today! Ha.

Dominika
user 13498559
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 2
I meant English subtitles! I think sometimes my brain is made of jello.
A former member
Post #: 8
Haha -- cool. Are you coming on the 18th? Can you bring what you have?
Dominika
user 13498559
Los Angeles, CA
Post #: 3
Absolutely and definitely coming to the movie night! I'll bring the lone movie I own and will try to get the other ones from the friend who has them before the 18th.