11127 Orcas Avenue, Lake View Terrace, CA
This workshop is a bit more expensive but look at what you get!
Nothing commercial can beat the taste of homemade vinegar. I've been making various vinegars for quite a while which are enjoyed in some of the top restaurants in Los Angeles. It's easy to make, can provide countless flavors and has tons of various applications (food preservation, sauces, salad dressing, etc...).
During this unique workshop you will:
- Learn a brief history of vinegar making and how to make your own vinegar at home.
- Go through the process of making vinegar using a mother of vinegar.
- Be provided with an actual "mother of vinegar" which you can take home and use.
- How to make vinegar from scratch using local "wild" strains of bacterias. This is really unique by the way and took me months of research.
- How to make "smoked" vinegar using a local tree
- How to infuse vinegars with aromatic plants (wild included)
- Vinegar tasting, including vinegars made from my own wild beers (Mugwort beer and White Sage beer).
- Wild Food Chef Mia Wasilovich will also show you a couple of interesting salad dressings using homemade vinegar.
- Salad snack (including wild plants) with homemade vinegar.
Bring water, sun protection. Notebook is a good idea and camera too.
Refunds are not offered for this Meetup.
Act now and get 50% off.
Until February 1.