This training is on, rain or shine
We are meeting at corner of 102a Ave and 141 Street in Surrey. There is a map HERE
An interactive google map HERE
The Lower Mainland Green Team volunteers in many parks (and we will continue to do so). While we do go back to park sites we've been to before, we don't get back to them as much as we'd like. So, we're going to "adopt" Cedar Grove Park in Surrey, with the goal of removing as much of the invasive plants in this park as possible! Wouldn't it be nice to remove all the invasive plants in this park? To do so, we're going to need to get in there more than once or twice a year. So, the City of Surrey is going to train LMGT volunteers to become leaders to increase our ability to run events at Cedar Grove Park.
- Meet at 6pm sharp (please don't be late because we will be on the move right away)
- City of Surrey staff will show volunteers the lay out of the park and train them about best practices removing Himalayan Blackberry, lamium, English ivy and periwinkle
- Lyda (LMGT organizer) will talk about volunteer management and how LMGT events run in general
- Spaces are limited so please send Lyda ([masked]) an email to express your interest in participating in this training. She will add participants manually (you cannot add yourself to this one) Once you have the green light.. then you must register and become a City of Surrey volunteer HERE (the online form is at the bottom of that page. Don't worry about the interview part) This is for liability issues.
- Please note: you must be available to run a LMGT event at Cedar Grove Park in Surrey on weekends (especially in August!)
City of Surrey